Sunday, February 15, 2009


After 20 years of marriage, and 2 teenage kids, for Valentine's day we usually just go out to dinner with the kids.

This year my best friend Maria and her husband Paul invited us to go to their church, they were having a Valentine's day movie and dessert for couples and a talk about fireproofing your marriage. I figured we will go with them. It would give us an opportunity to hang out, which we love to do and it would be something different. I had no idea what was in store, it totally proved to be something different and surprisingly amazing.

The movie was called Fireproof, but the amazing thing about it is that it was about a couple and the problems they were going thru in their lives, and they were contemplating divorce, but his dad gave him a book called The Love Dare. Its a 40 day guide, you have to follow that would change your marriage around. It was very inspirational.

I cried thru the whole movie to the point that I couldn't breath, thank God the lights were off, I was feeling like such a fool, but the funny part was that when the movie finished and lights came back on, every woman in the room had puffy eyes just like me.

It wasn't just me that enjoyed the movie, my husband enjoyed so much that he told me to buy it so we can watch it again. I will definitely buy it, but I also want to buy the love dare book and put it into practice.

I truly recommend it to all married couples, I really think this love dare program will make any marriage alot better.


No comments: