Saturday, January 17, 2009

The other day I was at Dunkin Donuts buying some gift cards. I gave the girl the credit card to pay for them. She does the whole transaction, and hands me over the gift cards, only without the little card holders to put them in. I asked her for the, and she gets annoyed. I dont know why because if you are purchasing a gift card for someone, you should put it in one of those gift card holders.

She looks in the rack and gives me only one and says she has no more, mind you, there were about 15 to 20 gift cards there and 1 card holder. I asked her to look in one of the drawers or somewhere in the store for the other 2 card holders I needed because I was giving them as gifts. She looks at me like I have 3 heads, and simply tells me "we dont have any", I was annoyed at this point and just said, "then I want only one card and my money back for the other 2", she then proceeds to give me the credit on the credit card, does the whole process, and just looks at me to leave, and looks at the next customer to take care of them. I said "can I get my receipts?", she looks at me again this time like I have 4 heads never mind 3, and actually said "You want the receipt??" with a puzzled look on her face, at this point I was so shocked at her stupidity that I just started laughing, and said "of course I want my receipt, what do you think?".

Now this is somebody that deals with customers and money on a daily basis, shouldnt she be trained for both, or do they just pick up people off the street and offer them a job behind the counter in Dunkin Donuts not caring about how they handle their job?? Humm!!! that is the kind of job I need, totally "Stress Free"




1 comment:

SoCal_Me said...

I can definitely relate! One of my biggest pet peeves is bad customer service! I don't care where they work, if they have to come in contact with the public, they should have a good attitude and be helpful. Uuuuuggghhhh!