Saturday, December 6, 2008

MY BABY IS GROWING UP


Last night was my daughter's 8th grade ring ceremony. I dont know if all schools are the same but she goes to catholic grammar school and their tradition is to have a mass with a blessing of the rings and a ceremony where they get their rings. All the kids get to participate and my daughter got to do one of the petitions and then bring down the bread. She looked so beautiful, and elegant in a new black dress I bought her. She curled her hair and looked like a little woman. Not the baby she was not too long ago.

Where did these years go by? They flew right by.

They all received a white rose, that in turn they went and gave to their mothers. I felt so proud of her. My baby girl is so grown up. Of course I was crying, couldnt help myself.


Getting ready to go to High School, what a difference between this young lady today with such a good head on her shoulders and the little girl in kindergarten that the teacher told me "Mrs Feria, I dont know what to do with Jessica, I keep changing her seat because she talks and talks all day long. She doesnt care if its a girl or a boy and if there is nobody next to her she will talk to her pencil. She is nothing like her brother". It sounds funny now, but it wasnt then. Thank God, she changed, even though she is still a social butterfly and very popular and talkative, at least I dont get any complains about it. She knows when she can and cant do it.


I love you sweetheart.

Thanks for making mommy so proud. Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

SoCal_Me said...

Aww...what a beautiful moment! I'm sure you have a lot to be proud of!