Tuesday, December 2, 2008

THE PROUDEST MOMENTS IN A MOM'S LIFE


I think one of the proudest moments that a mother can have is when people say good things about yours kids.
I had one of those days a couple of weeks ago when I went to my son's school for the parent/teacher meeting. My son is already a junior in High School, so to hear wonderful comments is harder than when they are in Kindergarten.

His spanish teacher told me, "there was no need for you to come, your son is doing great", nice to hear, but then the History teacher tells me "do you have any more like him at home that you can send me?", I started laughing thinking my son was being funny or something in his class and this man was getting a kick out of it. But, he turns around and says to me "Your son is the best student I have this year, I wish all the kids were like him. He is destined for a great college and has a wonderful future ahead of him." -- Now we are talking, I was so proud of him, I didn't know what to say. Then I went to see his Homeroom teacher/Religion teacher, and that was the kicker. She told me how wonderful he was in class, how polite, how he would always say Good Morning to her, and Good Night when he was on his way home. How he was always willing to help her and the others in the class, and that all this is a reflection of the way we have raised him. By this time my eyes were getting red, and then Boom! She tells me "If I ever have a son, I hope that he is just like your son", at that point I couldnt hold it and tears were rolling down my face.

Hands down, one of the proudest moments of my life.

1 comment:

Lisette M said...

I'm the first to post on your blog!!Estoy encantada de que nos hemos conectado otra vez. Tus hijos son preciosos, la nina tiene mucho de ti, disfrutalos que crecen muy rapido verdad?