Tuesday, December 23, 2008




Sometimes I get so upset that I feel my head is going to explode.


I often wonder where is the need to be envious or be a hypocrite. If you dont like somebody, its your choice, dont prentend you like them and then talk bad about them when they are not present to defend themselves.


This whole thing started because my daughter was crying a while ago while on the phone with one of her best friends.


My daughter Jessica has 2 best friends, Allison, that she knows since she was 5 years old, they were together from Prek to 2nd grade in school, then they moved and they now see each other less often, but love each other dearly, and Christine, who she knows since 3rd grade that she started in a new school and Christine made the transition for her so much easier, they have been best friends ever since.


The problem is of course with the other girls in their class. My daughter Jessica and Christine are two peas in a pod. Joseph one of their friends couldnt have described it any better. He says that they share a liver, that's how alike they are. They are very popular, they sit together in school, they are both in the basketball team, they play softball together. They even look like they could be related. Which brings me back to my original problem, since they get along so good, a group of girls from the class are envious of the frienship and talk bad about my daughter to Christine to try to break up their friendship. Why? what is the need for this? The girls that are doing it are what you might call "loosers" they are girls that are not popular and need to get a life, instead of trying to mess up everybody else's life.

It kills me to see my daughter crying, her friend crying and this whole mess surrounding them because of simple envy. Why? Why cant people just mind their own business and go on with their lives and let other people live their own life. There are so much more important issues in this life, real issues, like people dying, our economy, people loosing their jobs, health issues, I could go on for days.....



So here is a piece of advice to my daughter Jessica and her bff Christine, keep sharing your liver, live life to the fullest, enjoy every second of everyday and enjoy your friendship to the max, ignore all the "loosers" and all their comments. You only have a few more months till you graduate, and then you are going to go to different High Schools, and have to deal with new people and new problems. Enjoy the rest of 8th grade.



Love you both.



1 comment:

SoCal_Me said...

You're right, those girls are probably being mean because of your daughter's good friendship. Teenagers can be brutal! I hope everything settles down soon.